Friday, March 16, 2007

Gone and Done It!

I think that's the name of that Shania Twain song isn't it - "Gone and Done It"? As I have three of her CD's I could probably look it up. And yes, it might also surprise some of you to know that I admire more about Shania than just her lovely voice.

To get on with my story, it's tough being a sports fan in northern Alberta these days. The Oilers have just racked up eight straight losses, Kevin Martin lost out in the Brier, Singor Mobeley got released, and so on.

Well, one can seek remedies in rum, comfort in crying, solace in screaming, but that only lasts so long. At some point, one has to actually do something constructive.

A couple of month ago I told the nice lady from the Eskimos Football Club that I would not be renewing my season tickets unless I could get substantially better seating than my eagle's aerie in row 263. "Sorry", she said, "no can do. We're all sold out down there where the good seats are".

"Okee-dokee" or something like that sez me. "It's been great watching the Eskimos perform this year. Call me if you have something better to offer".

Well, damned if they didn't! This morning I renewed, but for two tickets in the lower bowl, covered seating, 35 yd line! Touchdown!! If the the Esks perform half as well as their ticket office staff, we should have another Grey Cup on the shelf come this November.

Which brings me to the next point. I expect that the Stamps and Riders will be fighting it out to see which one crosses over to the East playoffs this year. The Eskimo pass defense was their Achille's heel last year, so I figure all we have to do is go out and sign everyone else's best DB's and we'll be back in the game.

So, if there are any particular games that you would like to see, I've got two tickets. Give me a call.

3 comments:

Snowflake said...

Well.... I'm in! DB

Laurel said...

Count me in too!

Diving Diva said...

If you only have 2 tickets, I guess I could go for Ted? What a good little wife. Maybe when Calgary is in town?...and when it is sunny out! I'm sure Ted would put his two cents in for a Saskatchewan game!