Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ain't She Sweet?

I was talking to brother Ted the other day about holiday homes. Little get-aways, tropical oases, a place in the sun. You know, the kind of place where you can kick back, relax, and smell the coffee while enjoying the little luxuries that a life of labour should bring.

Ted mentioned that Doug and I should buy such a place, thinking, no doubt, that by the time he and Colleen are ready for it, both Doug and I would be in care-homes. "Just pass the keys over brothers", he would say, "I'll take good care of it for you"

Now, most of you know me as a man of action, and when opportunity knocks, I am there to answer the door. Just yesterday, I came across a little beach house that caught more than mere attention. Listen to this - beachfront, oversized lot, quiet neighbours, surrounded by unspoiled nature, flow through ventilation, and .....Ted, I know Colleen will like this, diving right off the front deck!

Yes, I thought "absolutely perfect" best describes this too! So I bought it!



Don't worry Doug, I used Ted's credit card. Just 200 little payments of $1,000.00 and the title will be his, free and clear.

1 comment:

Senor Ping said...

...and as a housewarming gift for Ted, I would like to contribute my share of the 16' Venture Fibreglass canoe!!! Ted will need it to get to his little shack on the Bayou.

db