Monday, November 20, 2006

There's a first time for Everything

You may have heard of that new book "So, We Sold the House and Ran Away to the South Pacific". I think it is written by a Calgary couple. It conjours up visions of chucking it all and trying something new.
Well, for me to have my own "blog" is something like that. I didn't even really know what a blog was until Laurel patiently explained to me. So, here goes. I've always found that if you want to educate yourself on something, the best way is to immerse yourself and learn as you go.
Actually, that is not the best way to educate yourself. I once decided that I needed to know more about mortgage mutual funds, so I eagerly rushed right out into a rising interest market and bought some. Within a few short weeks, I learned that a rising market is NOT the best time to buy that stuff. I did, however, learn lots.
So, hopefully this thing will work out. I certainly have enjoyed reading about "snowflake" and her buddies, and must credit her example as an inspiration.
Now I just have to figure out how to let people know about this blog.....

5 comments:

Meg said...

WOW! Uncle Ray has a blog!

COOL!

Laurel said...

We have another one!

Ace Bailey said...

I still have no idea which one is Snowflake or Senior whatever... Looking forward to being kept up to date by your writings.

Senor Ping said...

Now you have to do something/write something worthwhile!!!

Snowflake said...

Welcome to the Blog family. Now Megan will have to work on the rest of the non-bloggers. Can't wait to read about the happenings in Lloyd.