Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hey, this thing might even work!

How about that! I start this "blog" (still haven't got used to that word yet) one day and I get 5 responses before 24 hours is out! I'll bet that never happens again!

So, I'm waiting at the hair shop to get my hair cut today and am reading some jokes to pass the time till I get to sit in the big chair. By the way, does anyone else ever wonder if you should ask for a different hairstyle this time? I mean, these people are supposed to know what will make me look better/younger/thinner/tougher/sexier/ aren't they? But no, I reply " just like the last time please, just a bit shorter". Maybe some day I'll get the courage to say "I want to look like my nephews, except with better judgement. They are all Stamps fans, you see".

So, this guy is lost in the forest. Lost for 2 days. Hungry and desperate. So, he manages to whack a bald eagle on the head with a rock and sets about eating him. Just then the Park Ranger finds and rescues him, but is also forced to charge him with killing an endangered species.

The judge asks him what he has to say for himself. He says "your honour, I was lost for two days in the forest with nothing to eat! I was starving! I had to eat something to survive!"

The judge sympathizes with him and says "well, I guess you really had no choice, so I am going to dismiss the charges. But, I'm curious. What did the eagle taste like"

"Well," the man says " kind of like a cross between a whooping crane and a spotted owl".

3 comments:

Snowflake said...

I am always open to change especially when it comes to my hair and so when my regular hairdresser (for the past 25 years) asks "Do you mind if I try something different?" I never refuse. For the most part its always been successful, except for one time. I knew I wasn't looking my best when I met her in the grocery store and she looked at me and said, "Boy, I can hardly wait for you to come in for your next appointment."
So on that note, maybe going with the same as last time isn't always a bad idea.

Laurel said...

How about a 'faux hawk'? Or... you could try to dig out your afro pick for round two (I'm guessing it is still tucked safely in your wallet).

Meg said...

my vote is for the afro. That was a great look for you, Uncle Ray. Besides, Al rocks the fauxhawk- an other example of his poor judgemement (stamps fan and all).