Friday, May 6, 2011

Given the Boot!

I dare say that most of Raymondo's friends and acquaintances would not readily associate my behaviour as that which would get me thrown out of bars.

Guess what's coming?

An opportunity for bonding with my granddaughter turned out badly yesterday, as we both got tossed from Tony Roma's lounge.  Not having been caught with underage women in bars for a few years has evidently dulled my sense of precaution and adventure.

I was to meet a friend of mine for lunch in our usual watering hole.  Giving no thought to Alberta's outdated liquor laws, I invited my 11 year old granddaughter, Alliye to join us.  We arrived first and seated ourselves only to be approached by a somewhat anxious server who informed us we absolutely could not remain there any longer and must leave forthwith.  (That's not exactly the word she used, but her meaning was unmistakable).

So, not wanting you to hear any worrisome rumours of some depraved grandfather corrupting young Lloydminster women, I make a full confession here.  At least, Alliye and I will be able to have some future chuckles about our "bonding" experience!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

And what a story it is!