Friday, March 13, 2009

Thunder from DownUnder

As you can see, we made it! This doesn't seem anything like the weather we were experiencing last week. I have to keep looking at the image of me on the Skidoo to remind myself what it was like just a short time ago.

Thanks to Lenore for suggesting this postings' title. We did have a bit of a light shower today, but no thunder.

Upon our arrival in Sydney, we bought a travel pass, so since then we've been riding the trains, busses and ferries to dozens of places. Tonite we ended up at the Sydney Rowing Club for drinks and dinner. We did have to make out a membership card though. Seems they've had a couple of dozen Olympians come out of that club in the past few years..... As owners of a conveyance that requires rowing (well, paddling anyway) we felt welcome and quite at home.

Roni says my red face is the result of too much sun and not enough sunscreen. I see things somewhat differently. My theory is that since we're "down under", that redness is just the result of the blood running to my head.

We're looking forward to more good days like the last few.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Great photos. I can't wait to see the rest of them. Keep us posted!