Friday, May 25, 2007

Have you any Grey Poupon ....?

Lloydminster's "Arts Without Borders" festival plays all this week. As Director of Protocol I will be meeting most of the cultural elite that pass this way. My table mate tomorrow for the Lt. Governor's Gala Banquet is Dr. Lynda Haverstock (have you any Grey-Poupon?), and her husband, amongst others.

Now, I know some of you are used to this, but for me it is a bit novel. Tonight, I will be meeting the six finalists for the Lt. Governor's Alberta Arts Awards. Bob Baker – artistic director of Edmonton’s Citadel Theatre; Greg Hollingshead – Edmonton author and professor emeritus at the University of Alberta; Sharon Pollock – Calgary author and playwright; One Yellow Rabbit Ensemble – an ensemble of Calgary theatre artists; Tom and Isobel Rolston – husband and wife musicians and administrators at The Banff Centre; and Rudy Wiebe – Edmonton writer and editor, have all been nominated. Three of them will be taking home a cheque for $30,000.00 each. I will also be attending three receptions with His Honour, Norman Kwong over the next three days.

Megan probably has most of the people on her speed-dial, but we folks in Lloydminster are all a-twitter. Did I mention that I just had a little chat with Fil Fraser in the bookstore at the mall? Oh, and do pass the Grey Poupon....

3 comments:

Meg said...

Oddly enough...I do! Say hi to Sharon for me!

Raymondo said...

I had a long conversation with Sharon Pollock as she and I shared a table at the banquet. She did say she remembers speaking with you Megan. One of the "One Yellow Rabbits" also recalls you. See, you are well on your way to being famous!

Sharon said it is great that you have drama skills in combination with business smarts.

Raymondo said...

Incidentally, the three winners of the LGAAA were Greg Hollingshead, Tom and Isobel Rolston, and One Yellow Rabbit. I know that sounds like more than three but we artsy people have no head for numbers.